‘How RBG would have powered through this crisis’ by Prof. Neil S. Siegel (cnn.com)

Sep 22, 2020Latest News

Ruth Bader GInsburg

Neil S. Siegel is the David W. Ichel Professor of Law and Professor of Political Science at Duke Law School and is a former law clerk for Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. His remembrance of Justice Ginsburg was published on cnn.com on September 22, 2020.

“I was very fortunate to serve as one of Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s law clerks during the US Supreme Court’s October 2003 term. I was also blessed by her presence in my life — and in the lives of my daughters — in the years following my clerkship. She always found time when we asked. She always asked how we were doing, particularly during difficult times.

The justice was also a friend to my law school and university. She visited early in my teaching career and for seven years straight joined me in DC for a public conversation about law and life — the highlight of the summer program I run there, and a tradition that ended only with the pandemic and the illness that was to be her last.”

Read the full article on cnn.com »